For the third time in history, the House of Representatives has voted to impeach the President. This won’t end well for them. If I was a betting man, they are going to lose badly in 2020 and Trump will still be President.
I’ve watched or listened to this entire hearing while working. Were this any other person, this would have been thrown out so fast. But in this case, the hatred for the President has the Democrats trying to find anyways to remove him.
I went down and shot the 2019 USPSA Hi-Cap Nationals with my limited gun this weekend. It was a bit of a trainwreck of a match. I have to comfort myself a little in that I just started shooting this division at the beginning of August.
This stage was the final of the match for me. We shot on the PM/AM/PM rotation and on the last day the wind picked up and was generally blowing around 22mph all afternoon which made shooting rather difficult.
All in all, I had a great time and will be shooting this division longer. It is really fun to get major scoring and have full magazines.
I finally had the time to develop the two test rolls I made with the cameras. I had picked up a kit of Ultrafine powder and it had been sitting around forever. When I finally had an afternoon with nothing to do, I mixed up all the chemicals and went down to the improvised dark room (laundry room) and pulled the rolls and set them on the spools and into the tank. Fortunately like a bike, it’s an easily remembered experience.
Once I had that done, I went up and developed the two rolls. I was nervous but following the directions gave me the proper results. Or so I thought. I had borrowed a film scanner of my brothers and couldn’t figure out why I was getting blue tones on all the negatives when scanned. So I pulled the Epson V550 and scanned them again. Thankfully they came out as they should.
Even the images from the Canonet turned out. Or at least the ones the sticky shutter didn’t ruin. So I present my first image from my new (old) hobby.
I’ve had a Canonet sitting around for a long time. When I bought it, I had to replace the light seals for it to continue working. Eventually, the shutter developed the sticky shutter problem so many Canonet’s suffer from. Unfortunately, I found this out while I was shooting a roll of film which borked most of the film. I’ve still got it sitting around waiting to be developed just to see if anything is salvageable.
I did a google search and found Mike Eckmans website documenting how to fix the shutter. Figuring it wouldn’t be too difficult, I started in on it and was able to get the camera fixed again.